Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Leather & Jeans

The grooviest thing about being vegan is that my body is going down without a whole lot of effort on my part. So when I went to the store today to try on jeans, I happily stepped into a size smaller than usual without much fuss. Now, I know what you're thinking... I thought you were going all organic? Thing is, I'm a teacher and that means I work for the joy not the pay check. So certain compromises must be made. I decided to try to find 2 pair of jeans and that's it (I currently have 4, one that are about to die but so comfy and make my butt look awesome and three that I can't stand). One pair for work and one pair for looking hot on the weekends! With this thought in mind, I went searching and discovered a pair of $178 jeans at Marshalls. Now, normally, I wouldn't step foot in this store and since the tag said $39.99 usually I wouldn't even look at them, but I took in six pairs and these were one of them. Of course, they were also the ones that looked the best (my butt was a star!). I was actually going to buy them until I considered that they'd have to be my work jeans ($40 people!) and they were so long that I'd need 3" heels. Now we only wear jeans on Fridays and I can only wear 3" heels on Mondays or Wednesdays unless the kids are testing. I put them back, but I will miss them (I REALLY looked hot!).

Meanwhile, I discovered a new company that makes bags that I HAVE TO OWN while I was looking for shoes at REI! I loved the name Haiku, but then I looked at them and they looked like leather - so groovy though, I thought as I went to turn away. THEN, I noticed the label that said VEGAN FRIENDLY! That's right people, these hot bags are 100% eco-fine! Yes, $70 is a lot to pay for a tote bag, but I was gonna spend $40 on jeans, so we've already established that I've lost my mind. My bargain shopping family may have to disown me... but man am I gonna look good!

Back to trying to find them cheaper online...

No comments: