Sunday, May 17, 2009

Eco-Friendship

I bought an eco-friendly dress for a very important wedding in a few weeks. It was extremely important to me to wear a dress that reflects my values to this person's wedding. Jennifer has always not only accepted me for who I am, but expected me to be who I am, for better or for worse since we were 10 years old. She knows I am not flawless, but she embraces those flaws as a fundamental part of who I am. In all things - she is pure support. She is an amazing soul and her presence in my life has been a blessing for the past 19 years. Because of her unwaivering support, I wanted to wear a dress that was me - through and through because I knew she'd never accept anything less! I strive to be a better person because of her. I saw how she interacted with her students and knew I needed to get my behind back into the classroom if I truly wanted to be happy! I am better because she is a part of my life and on the most important day of hers, I will be there, being me.

No comments: